Monday, January 17, 2011

Monkey Reworked

3.5 hours cleaning geometry/rigging and re-weighting

I thought I would take a break from the thingummybob until our meeting on Tuesday. I revisited the rhesus monkey model I made awhile ago. Ibson is coming to EMMA on the 28th to mocap for the monkey's movement, so it would be a good idea to get the model and rig closer to finished. I was happy with the model overall the first time around, but I made the mistake of modeling it in a pose not suitable for rigging and weighting (its on all fours, far from any kind of T pose). Before creating a whole new model, I spent a few hours adjusting geometry, mostly shapes and size of legs, in an attempt to make a more rig friendly model. It seemed no matte how much I cheated the model, I couldn't find a setup that allowed any kind of natural movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment